5 Benefits Of Using Shower Gel | How to Use Shower Gel?
Shower gels can make your morning showers more energizing with a deep cleanse and your hot evening baths to wind up the day more relaxing. It’s time to take your daily bathing ritual to the next level by introducing shower gels if you are not using one already.
As you navigate the aisles of body and bath, you will come across many body washes with diverse natural ingredients to cleanse and nurture your skin. Wondering why such hype surrounds shower gels? Well, shower gel use transcends the general cleansing, it does much more. In this article, we give you five solid reasons why shower gels offer a revitalizing and sensorial experience during your daily baths. Take a peek!
5 Benefits of Shower Gels
1. Hydration and Moisture Retention
Shower gels often contain moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin and essential oils. These components help lock in the skin's natural moisture, preventing dryness and itchiness and making the skin feel hydrated and supple. So no more dry elbows, flaky knees, or breakouts when you choose a shower gel that rejuvenates your skin.
2. A Fragrant Bathing Experience
One of the most enjoyable aspects of using shower gels is that they are available in a vast array of captivating fragrances. From fruity and floral to invigorating citrus blends, shower gels offer an aromatic experience that not only cleanses the body but also soothes your senses and is pleasantly relaxing to the skin and mind.
3. Gentle on the Skin
Shower gels are often formulated with mild surfactants and skin-friendly ingredients that are gentle on the skin while they help strengthen the skin’s defense mechanism. They are often composed of natural ingredients such as tea tree, neem, and turmeric which exhibit anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Thus, shower gels promote optimal skin health and care.
4. Convenience On-The-Go
Shower gels typically come in convenient, easy-to-use packaging, such as squeeze bottles which makes them ideal for travel. The compact and leak-resistant design ensures that you can enjoy the benefits of shower gel anywhere while the traditional bar soaps become messy when they come in contact with water.
5. Deep Cleansing
The liquid consistency of shower gels allows for a thorough and deep cleansing, removing dirt, oil, and impurities effectively. It exfoliates and cleans the skin well, and often includes ingredients such as walnut, saffron, and glycerine to get rid of impurities. Body washes and shower gels also have a hydrating effect on skin which renders it a natural glow.
Do’s & Don’ts Of Shower Gel
To make your morning shower or evening lukewarm water bath more relaxing and effective, here is what you should be doing and avoiding when using your shower gel. Use your shower gel the right way with the following tips.
Do’s of Using Your Shower Gel
- Choose a body cleanser that suits your skin- People with sensitive skin should choose a shower gel that’s free of fragrances, dyes & harsh chemicals. Those with dry skin should get a shower gel that is enriched with moisturizing ingredients and the ones with oily skin should look for a body cleanser that has ingredients that help in controlling oil production.
- Get a loofah to exfoliate dead skin- It would help better cleanse with your shower gel.
- Scrub your body well with a loofah- At least 20 seconds of gentle loofah scrub for every body part is needed to get rid of grime and bacteria.
Don’ts of Using Your Shower Gel
- Avoid Harsh Body Cleansers for Your Face- Do not wash your face with a body cleanser as the facial skin is more delicate and requires cleansing with a milder face wash.
- Avoid Harsh Ingredients- Do not use a body wash that contains harsh chemicals as ingredients. Use a body cleanser with natural ingredients with would be nourishing and gentle on your skin.
- Avoid Rough Scrubbing- Do not be aggressive while scrubbing with loofah as it could lead to irritated and flaky skin and can cause more harm than good.
How To Use A Shower Gel?
Here are tips on how to use shower gel most effectively.
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water to help open your pores.
- Wash your hair first so that shampoo and conditioner residue can easily wash down.
- Squeeze two tablespoons of shower gel on the loofah and lather it all across the body. Scrub & exfoliate well to get rid of the dead skin.
- Once done, wash up and dry with gentle pats of a towel.
What To Look For in A Shower Gel?
While picking your shower gel, ensure that it contains natural or naturally derived ingredients such as aloe vera extract, vitamin E, pomegranate extract, and more to keep your skin hydrated, nourished, clean and healthy.
Your body cleanser should not contain harsh chemicals that strip your skin of its essential oils and thus, no sulfates, parabens, synthetic colors, fragrances, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)/sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), and formaldehyde should be ingredients in your body wash at all costs.
Oshea Herbals Range of Body Washes
Oshea Herbals ensures that your skin retains its natural glow at all times with its exclusive range of body washes which work wonders for the skin. Oshea Herbals Phytowash Aqua Marine Luxury BodyWash is infused with passion fruit, chamomile, lemon, and turmeric extract to nourish with its ultra-refreshing formula.
While Phytowash Silk Touch Luxury Body Wash is embedded with botanical extracts to leave your skin feeling replenished and rejuvenated.
No doubt the use of shower gel in your daily baths makes for a soothing and rejuvenating showering experience. It ensures good skin health and refreshing baths that not only cleanse but also nourish your skin, leaving you feeling invigorated and ready to face the day. So grab a shower gel, lather up, and let each shower be supremely refreshing!
Disclaimer: This article is written based on research and data that’s available on the internet. It is always recommended to consult a dermatologist before applying any remedy or making a change in your regime.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main goal of a shower gel is to cleanse the skin of dirt and impurities and offer it the hydration and nourishment it needs. It ensures that the pores are clean and the skin is healthy. Additionally, what a good shower gel offers is a rejuvenating experience.
The top reason why you should be using a shower gel rather than a soap is convenience and ease of use as shower gel easily lathers and rinses off and can be comfortably carried on your travels. The shower gel also provides better hydration.